09 Jun 2007
Truck growth and van registrations stable
- Van registrations up 1.8 per cent for the rolling year.
- Trucks see only second month of growth over the past 13 months.
- Trucks still 12 per cent down on the average for May 1999 to 2005.
'Despite slowing slightly in May, the growth in total light commercial vehicle registrations is very healthy, up 1.8 per cent for the rolling year,' said Christopher Macgowan, SMMT chief executive. 'Truck figures still suffer from the market distortion caused by last year's digital tachograph and Euro 4 introductions. Truck makers report good enquiries and orders, though it will be some months before these show as registrations. We're confident that we'll get back to an annual volume of 54,000, the average for the sector over the past decade.'
All light commercial vehicles
- Rolling year: Up 1.8% to 328,686.
- YTD: Up 1.1% to 139,637.
- Month: down 2.5% to 26,844.
- Rolling year: Down 22.6% to 57,839.
- YTD: Down 36.4% to 20,141.
- Month: Down 34.3% to 3,896.
Car type pick-ups
- Rolling year: Up 7.3% to 13,395.
- YTD: Down 19.0% to 5,305.
- Month: Down 53.3% to 635.
- Rolling year: Up 42.3% to 44,713.
- YTD: Up 58.9% to 20,560
- Month: Up 18.0% to 3,354 units
- Rolling year: Up 5.0% to 208,105.
- YTD: Up 9.2% to 91,910.
- Month: Up 9.5% to 18,522.